Thursday, 12 July 2012
Yesterday turned out to be less about printing and more about waiting around for deliveries! At least I finally received the roll of linen I ordered for the next batch of cushions. It was such a struggle to source this, the world of fabrics is new to me and I really didn't know where to start. All I knew was that I had to get it straight from the suppliers, otherwise my cushions would end up being too expensive. I finally found a great supplier in Lithuania (apparently Lithuania is well known for their linen), and they let me buy 'just' one roll of 55 meters. Last night I started cutting it into the squares needed for the cushion covers and today I'll (hopefully) be printing some.
One of the problems with sourcing the right fabric is making sure the colour of the fabric dye comes out right, it changes so much from fabric to fabric.
There are still some of the original cushions on sale in my shop; €30 each!